Las Vegas casino changes 'do not disturb' policy following concert shooting – New York Daily News

A casino on the Las Vegas strip has changed its security strategy following last month’s shooting.

Boyd Gaming, the parent company of The Orleans Casino, adjusted its “do not disturb” policy for hotel guests after the Oct. 1 shooting, in which 58 people were killed and hundreds more were injured when a gunman opened fire on a country music festival crowd.

Staff members at The Orleans will now perform safety and welfare checks on any room that has a “do not disturb” sign on the door for more than two days in a row, David Strow, the vice president of corporate communications for Boyd Gaming, told the Daily News.

The policy used to be three days.

“All guests are advised of this (updated) policy upon check-in,” Strow said. “The policy applies to all 24 Boyd Gaming properties nationwide, including our 10 hotels in the Las Vegas Valley.”

Gunman Stephen Paddock had a “do not disturb” sign on his Mandalay Bay Hotel door in the days before the shooting, so no housekeepers entered the room.

MGM Resorts, the parent company of Mandalay Bay, has declined to comment on its practices, which are expected to be the subject of several lawsuits. Lawyers will likely ask about the company’s “do not disturb” policy and whether it was enforced during Paddock’s stay.

Steve Wynn, the owner of five casino and hotel properties, previously suggested that Paddock would not have been able to carry out his massacre had he tried to so at the Las Vegas Wynn hotel.

Days after the shooting, Wynn told Fox News that employees at his Las Vegas hotel check rooms with “do not disturb” signs after 12 hours.

Sign up for BREAKING NEWS Emails Thanks for subscribing! Tags: las vegas nevada stephen paddock steve wynn

Read More Here...

This entry was posted in Casino Gambling Stocks News. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.